While creating your personal project, please be aware that you are designing your images. Pay special attention to the use of the elements of design:
Elements of Art & Design:
Principles of Art & Design:
The following project uses many of the elements and principles: here
Here you will find great examples of symmetry: here
For your project 1:
- Feel inspired by the subject matter
- Flood your eyes and ears with media that inspires you: films, music, photography, design, art, et al.
- Write down your ideas.
- Do use quality lighting; either studio lighting or shoot when the light is beautiful; magic hour. Modify your light if using natural light; bounce cards, diffusion – something make your subject stand out from all the other objects in the shot.
- Shoot in RAW, not JPG. RAW is 16 bit and allows for greater flexibility when editing.
- Shoot a lot of images. At minimum 100.
- Adjust your work in Lightroom
- 10 images final.