Each student will:
- Initial value scales will be 1.5″ Hx 10″ with 1″ steps
- The trimmed final sizes: 1″x10″
- Three Value scales will be divided into 10 1″x1″ squares
- The fourth value scale will not have any boxes. The final size will be 1″x10″
- The first three value scales are stepped.
- Each box will get progressively and evenly darker.
- Your fourth and final value will be a continuous gradient. In this value scale your shading will go from white to black gradually will no visible steps in value.
Once completed, all value scales will be cut out and neatly glued to a sheet of paper. Example below.